Prof. Zhang Ying-Jun, Angela 張穎珺教授
Associate Professor (FIET, SMIEEE)
Education: BEng. (Fudan Univ.), PhD (HKUST)
Research Area: Wireless Communications and Networking
Tel: (852) 3943-8465
Fax: (852) 2603-5032
Address: Rm 737 SHB
Email: yjzhang [@] ie.cuhk.edu.hk
- Application of convex and non-convex optimization in communication system design
- Stochastic optimization in wireless system design
- Adaptive resource allocation
- Cognitive radio networks
- MIMO and distributed MIMO signal processing and its application in wireless random-access networks
- Random-access MAC protocols in wireless local area networks
- Advanced Topics in Wireless Communications
- Advance Engineering Mathematics
- Signals and Systems
- Simulation and Statistical Analysis
- Principles of Communication Systems
Angela Yingjun Zhang is currently an Associate Professor at Department of Information Engineeing, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. She received her PhD degree from Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. She was a visiting scholar at Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems (LIDS), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) from July to August, 2007 and July to August, 2009.
Angela serves on the Editorial Boards of IEEE Transactions of Wireless Communications and Willey Security and Communications Networks Journal. She is a Guest Editor of IEEE Communications Magazine, Feature Topic on New R&D Tools for Communications Research. She has served as a Publication Chair of IEEE Technology Time Machine Symposium on Technologies Beyond 2020, a TPC Co-Chair of Wireless Communications Symposium of IEEE GLOBECOM 2012, a TPC Co-Chair of Communication Theory Symposium of IEEE ICC 2009, Track Chair of ICCCN 2007, and Publicity Chair of IEEE MASS 2007. She has been serving as a Technical Program Committee Member for leading conferences including IEEE ICC, IEEE GLOBECOM, IEEE WCNC, IEEE ICCCAS, IWCMC, IEEE CCNC, IEEE ITW, IEEE MASS, WiMob, AccessNet, HPCC, MSN, ChinaCom, etc.
Angela Zhang is an IEEE Technical Activity Board GOLD Representative, 2008 IEEE GOLD Technical Conference Program Leader, IEEE Communication Society GOLD Committee Chair, Member of IEEE Communication Society Member Relations Council, Member of IEEE Communication Society Marketing and Industry Relations Board.
Her research interests focus on optimization in wireless systems design with application on optimal resource allocation, joint PHY-MAC layer design, cognitive radio networks, random-access networks, broadband OFDM and multicarrier techniques, MIMO signal processing.
Angela is a co-recipient of 2011 IEEE Marconi Prize Paper Award on Wireless Communications (i.e., the annual best paper award of IEEE Transactions on Communications), As the only winner from Engineering Science, she has won the Hong Kong Young Scientist Award 2006, conferred by the Hong Kong Institution of Science.
Selected Publications from the last three years
- L. Qian, Ying Jun Zhang, J. Huang, and Y. Wu, "Demand response management via real-time electricity price control in smart grids," to appear in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications.
- A. M.-C. So, and Ying Jun Zhang, "Distributionally robust slow adaptive OFDMA with soft QoS via linear programming," to appear in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications.
- L. Qian, Ying Jun Zhang, Y. Wu, and J. Chen, "Joint base station association and power control via Bender’s Decomposition," to appear in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications.
- W. L. Li*, Y. Shen, Ying Jun Zhang, and M. Z. Win, "Robust power allocation for energy-efficient location-aware networks," to appear in IEEE Transactions on Networking.
- L. Qian*, Ying Jun Zhang, and M. Chiang, "Distributed nonconvex power control using Gibbs Sampling," IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 3886-3898, Dec. 2012
- S. Bi* and Ying Jun Zhang, "Outage-optimal TDMA based scheduling in relay-assisted MIMO cellular networks," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 4, April 2012.
- Ying Jun Zhang and A. M.-C. So, "Optimal spectrum sharing in MIMO cognitive radio networks via semidefinite programming," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 363-373, Feb. 2011
- F. Liu, C. Y. Tsui, and Ying Jun Zhang, "Joint routing and sleep scheduling for lifetime maximization of wireless sensor networks," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 2258-2267, July 2010.
- L. Qian* and Ying Jun Zhang, "S-MAPEL: Monotonic optimization for non-convex joint power control and scheduling problems," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 1708-1719, May 2010.
- W. L. Li*, Ying Jun Zhang, A. M.-C. So, and M. Z. Win, "Slow adaptive OFDMA Systems through chance constrained programming," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 58, no. 7, July 2010.
- Ying Jun Zhang, S. C. Liew, and D. R. Chen*, "Sustainable throughput of wireless LANs with multipacket reception capability under bounded delay-moment requirements," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 1226-1241, Sept. 2010.