Prof. Yeung Wai-Ho, Raymond 楊偉豪教授
Choh-Ming Li Professor of Information Engineering 卓敏信息工程學講座教授 (FIEEE, FHKAES, FHKIE)
Co-Director, Institute of Network Coding
Honors and Awards
- 2000 The Croucher Award
- IEEE Fellow
- 2004 Best Paper Award (Communication Theory), International Conference on Communications, Circuits and System
- 2005 IEEE Information Theory Society Paper Award
- 2007 The Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Research Award, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- 2011 and 2012 Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE Information Theory Society
- 2013 the Choh-Ming Li Professor of Information Engineering
- 2016 IEEE Eric E. Sumner Award
- 2018 ACM SIGMOBILE Test-of-Time Paper Award
- 2019 The Gold Medal with Congratulations from the Jury at the 47th International Exhibition of Invention of Geneva
- 2021 IEEE Richard W. Hamming Medal
- 2022 Claude E. Shannon Award
- 2023 RGC Senior Research Fellow Award
- 2023 National Academy of Inventors Fellow Award
- Network Coding
- Inequalities in Information Theory
Publications and Software
- Information Theory and Network Coding
- A First Course in Information Theory
- Network Coding Theory
- Journal Publications
Representative Journal Publications
- R. W. Yeung, “A new outlook on Shannon’s information measures,” IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, vol. 37, pp. 466-474, May 1991.
- R. W. Yeung, “A framework for linear information inequalities,” IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, vol. 43, pp. 1924-1934, Nov 1997.
- Z. Zhang and R. W. Yeung, “On characterization of entropy functions via information inequalities,” IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, vol. 44, pp.1440-1452, Jul 1998.
- R. Ahlswede, N. Cai, S.-Y. R. Li and R. W. Yeung, “Network information flow,” IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, vol. 46, pp. 1004-1016, Jul 2000.
- S.-Y. R. Li, R. W. Yeung and N. Cai, “Linear network coding,” IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 49, pp. 371-381, Feb 2003.